InstrumentsWhat do you want to measure?
What are these?
A series of instruments that have been tested by EvalFest partners to gather data from a range of stakeholders and in a variety of ways. These instruments were created with National Science Foundation funding, #1423004.
What else might you need?
- These are not the be-all, end-all to orient yourself to different options for collecting data about public events.
- To think about whether/how these instruments work for your own evaluation needs.
- To collect data at your own public events.
How should you NOT use them?
- As the be-all, end-all list of measurement options.
- We recommend several other repositories if you are looking for other options that were designed for informal learning environments: COVES, DEVISE, Science Learning Activation Lab.
- Need more? Send us a request for a new instrument by using the Contact Us feature.
Attendee Survey Core Questions
Feedback at event
Attendee Survey Core Questions (4:04)
Feedback at an Event
Follow Up/Leisure Time Survey
Who attended an event, who didn’t attend, and what else they did to have fun outside of the house
Exhibitor/booth scientists’ preparation, training, and even impressions during the event itself
Event partner’s impressions of the event after the fact
Mystery Shopper Protocol
Observations of best practices at Expo booths
Information about those who are NOT attending your events
Timing & Tracking Protocol
Ways that kids interact with Expo booths
ActLab Engagement Survey
How engaging an event was for participants
The Engagement Survey (5:27)
How Engaged an Event was for Partipants