InstrumentsWhat do you want to measure?
What are these?
A series of instruments that have been tested by EvalFest partners to gather data from a range of stakeholders and in a variety of ways. These instruments were created with National Science Foundation funding, #1423004.
What else might you need?
- These are not the be-all, end-all to orient yourself to different options for collecting data about public events.
- To think about whether/how these instruments work for your own evaluation needs.
- To collect data at your own public events.
How should you NOT use them?
- As the be-all, end-all list of measurement options.
- We recommend several other repositories if you are looking for other options that were designed for informal learning environments: COVES, DEVISE, Science Learning Activation Lab.
- Need more? Send us a request for a new instrument by using the Contact Us feature.
Outcome Expectations Scale
Outcomes scientists expect to achieve during outreach
Measure self-efficacy of scientists engaged with the public
The Engagement Survey (5:27)
How Engaged an Event was for Partipants
Attendee Survey Core Questions (4:04)
Feedback at an Event